Sunday, March 26, 2006

What do you think of the new website?

Webmaster Eric here... As you know, LinkerBooks.com is now live and able to accept orders for Sherry's first book, How to Keep from Ruining your Dog in the First 30 Days. Since the site is brand new, if you have any suggestions or ideas on how it can be improved, please let me know. We want the site to be as useful to you as possible. Thanks for visiting and be sure to pick up your copy today!

For those of you who are "new" to the world of Blogs, here is a quick rundown of what's going on. Short for "web log", a Blog enables an author (like Sherry) to post thoughts and comments and then receive feedback from visitors (like YOU). This communication is what makes Blogging fun, because you can start a chat under a given posting by clicking on the Comments link below any entry.

Some Blogs require that you be a registered user, while others enable anyone to post. Right now, the LinkerBooks Blog allows anyone to post, but the comments are moderated - which means that Sherry (or me, the webmaster) has to approve of the comments. So don't worry if you post a comment and it doesn't show up immediately. Once it goes through the approval process you (and everyone else) will be able to see it.

If you have any other questions related to this Blog, shoot me an e-mail and I'll be happy to help. We want to make this a useful forum for LinkerBooks and appreciate your feedback.

Webmaster Eric

4 Comments:

Blogger The Binary Biker said...

Hi Colleen,

I think that would be wonderful to have her come to Albion! Sherry did a great job in Marshall a couple of weeks ago at the library and people were there for over two hours watching her demonstrate some of her techniques on dog training. I'm sure she'll be in touch very soon.

Eric (Webby)

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sherry,
Have both of your books "How to keep from ruining your dog" and "How to walk your dog on a loose leash" and love them both. Excellent information! I have a 10 week old border collie mix which we have had since she was 7 weeks. She is teething badly and when she plays, she is always biting. With all my dogs I have always distracted them with toys that they can chew on (not hands, feet) but she just keeps at it. I am doing the grab her by the back of her neck and unless she yelps, she does not listen. We have good eye contact and she listens really well except when she gets so hyper. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got our very first dog from Sherry after hearing great things about her breeding and training from people in our neighborhood. We named our golden ball of fluff Lego. Sherry came to our house several times, and Lego was trained by Sherry for three weeks. Everything she told us and everything I read in her book "How to Keep From Ruining Your Dog in the First 30 Days" was absolutely fantastic advice. From potty training to crate training to "scenting" his toys, I had all the information I needed in a clear simple format. The concept of the "outside negative" made Lego think that items he shouldn't chew were bad because they tapped him on the chin. He quickly understood what was his around the house, without us saying anything negative. It is really a great concept to get the dog thinking that the object is going to be bad to him, and not you. We also used her trick of giving a little tap with a fly swatter when he tried to jump up at the kitchen table or the back door. Sherry told our 5-year-old to cross his arms and stand like a soldier when Lego was bothering him. I tell all his friends about this "statue pose" and even a child who is afraid of dogs feels confident playing at our house. My sister, who repeatedly shouts "No!" at her dog with poor results, was amazed that Lego does not chew my son's stuffed animals and only chews his own. Sherry's method of praising the positive behavior and using actions to correct the negative really works.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 5:19:00 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

I just want to say how amazed I am over what my 9 week old puppy Scorch has learned with just 2 days of training with Sherry. Sherry recently used my stud dog on a couple of her girls and when I went over to see her puppies, I took my then 8 week old puppy from my litter along for her to see. She then asked if she could use him (Scorch)for her upcoming video as she said he would be the perfect age for what she needed. I agreed. The rest is history. When I went to see his progress last week, I could NOT get over how much he had learned in just 2 days with her and he was soooooooo happy all the while. When she showed me his come, sit, stay, off the furniture, out of the waste basket, etc. I was nothing less than floored. He is was so good. I could not believe this was my 9 week old puppy dog. Sherry has a way with dogs like no one else I have met, and I truly believe her "Circle Concept" is definite proof that even a puppy as young as 9 weeks has the ability to learn. Sherry makes everything fun for the dogs and they learn by love and praise. She teaches them that she is the positive in their lives.

I have also read both of her books. These are very easy reading and I highly recommend them for anyone that is interested in training their dog. As a breeder of Golden Retrievers, I am ordering these books to send home with all of my future puppy buyers. As Sherry states, "It's not magic, just knowledge".

Thank you Sherry for sharing your knowledge with all of us.

Monica Eberts-McGee
Kokopelli Golden Retrievers

Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home